Vacancy Research Associate (Scientist)
Patients tumor testing specialist
VitroScan – Better Informed Treatment Decisions for Cancer Patients
VitroScan is a Dutch biotech company founded in 2016 and based at the Leiden Bio Science Park. VitroScan develops fast and accurate predictive testing for multiple cancers and treatments to support better informed treatment decisions for cancer patients.
Treatment decisions for cancer patients become increasingly more complex. Innovative new treatment options, including immunotherapy, and cellular therapies have the potential to offer a great benefit to cancer patients. While established treatments already improved the care for cancer patients for a long time. In this continuously changing landscape, diagnostics are crucial to delivering the best treatment for each individual patient. VitroScan develops fast and accurate predictive testing for multiple cancers and treatments.
Our unique technology platform uses high-content 3D imaging for sensitive detection of therapeutic responses. A growing database is correlating ex vivo drug sensitivity and clinical outcomes for several cancer types.
The team consists of successful entrepreneurs, experts in the fields of bioinformatics, computer vision, programming, and 3D cell culture and drug testing, with extensive networks in fields of clinical oncology, pharma, and (bio) information technology.
We are seeking an ambitious research associate (scientist) to strengthen our growing cell biology team. The research associate (scientist) will be performing the ex vivo drug testing program in the context of ongoing clinical trials for different indications and take a proactive role in the management of the lab.
In addition, the research associate (scientist) will coordinate the management of sample processing and drug screening of patient samples that are collected in several ongoing clinical trials. For this, the research associate (scientist) will actively coordinate in the lab, share duties, and plan tasks for (unpredictable) new patient samples.
- Planning and executing experiments under the direction of senior scientists
- Planning and performing laboratory tasks: cell culture, tissue isolation, seed 384 well plates using liquid handlers, prepare immune cells cultures, prepare samples for histo-pathological evaluation, cryopreserve tested tumor tissues, fix culture plates, capture images using automated microscopes
- Standardization and prioritization of material from their starting point of complexity (solid tumors, liquids, huge-tiny volume, etc.)
- Carry out tasks and quality control accurately by following standard operating procedures
- Fluent in English and able to record activities in lab books in English
- Interpret findings and report results to the team
- Perform literature research and contribute with ideas for development or improving experiments or research questions
- Prepare and store samples and reagents
- Take care of equipment and labs in a clean and workable condition
- Graduation from an HLO, MSc or BSc training in Life Sciences or similar
- At least 2-3 years of relevant working experience
- Experience in cell culture, cell-based assays and primary material is essential
- Experience in a CRO, industry or GMP environment is a pro
- Experience with QA & RA procedures is a pro
- Interest in developing clinical solutions
- Eligible to live and work in the Netherlands (no sponsorship possible)
- Flexible and creative
- Excellent communication skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Working accurate, precise, and clean
- Problem solving
- Able to work in teams and independently
- Able to critically evaluate and interpret the results of own work and of colleagues
- Good record-keeping skills
- Good math and basic computing
By joining a rapidly developing start-up, you will get the opportunity to really shape the future of the company and develop your career. This includes having diverse tasks, responsibilities in the company. Furthermore, the position is located at a biotech hub in a vibrant and international environment.
For more information or informal enquiries, please send an email to email@example.com
For applications, please submit your CV and motivation letter before 1st April via contact form below: